Thursday, September 6, 2012

Looking for Rainbows

I seem to have only a few memories of my childhood and one of them is just a 10 second video clip, if you will, in the dusty back corners of my mind from around the time my family first moved to Idaho. All 5 of us lived together in one bedroom. I can't imagine what that must have been like for my mom! She used to play the primary songs at bedtime while we were tying to fall asleep. I'm not sure if we only had one tape (ha!) of them or if she just particularly liked the one we listened to, but we listened to the same "playlist" of 25 or so songs every night for I honestly don't know how long. It could have only been a week, but in my memory it was the entire time we lived there.

One of the songs was I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain. I remember my mom singing that one a lot.

Since that time I have shared my mom's love for that song and for rain storms. I love the smell and the sounds it makes. When the thunder and lightning come it reminds me in the strongest way how there is no other way this earth could have been created, but by God.

I'm trying to pass that down to my boys. When it rains we like to go outside and see it and feel it. Although I'm the only one contemplating the parable significance of it, I hope someday they'll look back on how much fun we had playing in it every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment